TOWN OF CLARKDALE COMPLETES WELL REPAIR AND LIFTS WATER DEMAND REDUCTION STRATEGY III. WATER REDUCTIONS STRATEGY I REMAINS IN EFFECT.
Thursday, July 13, 2023 (Clarkdale, AZ) – The Town of Clarkdale has completed necessary well repairs and is now lifting Water Demand Reduction Strategy III for all Clarkdale residents and businesses.
Although the water reduction measures are now lessened, the Town’s Water Reduction Strategy plan continues to require best practices to minimize waste. All requirements related to Water Demand Reduction Strategy I can be found in Town Code Ordinance #383, 2017; Resolution #1538, 2017; prior code § 19-11-6.
Water Demand Reduction Strategy I, now under effect, includes the following mandatory measures:
- Water shall be conserved both inside and outside the home using best practices available to minimize waste.
- Landscaping for residential uses shall be accomplished with plant materials that require little or no supplemental irrigation water.
- Outdoor water usage shall not occur between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Watering days shall be coordinated with your address. Even-numbered addresses may irrigate on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. Odd-numbered addresses may irrigate on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. For places where there is no discernable address, the even date schedule should be followed (rights-of-way, medians, etc.). No irrigation shall be allowed on Monday.
- Automobile washing shall only be undertaken with a bucket and hose with shut-off nozzle, other water saving devices such as a pressure washer, or at carwashes that recycle or recirculate water.
- No person shall waste water (see “wasting water” under Article 19-1).
- Cooling of outdoor areas with water or misting devices is prohibited.
- Restaurants shall serve water to customers upon request only and shall display table tents or other types of public notice to this effect.
- Hotels shall wash a customer’s linens if a stay is in excess of one (1) night on request only, and the hotel shall display notice to this effect.
- Construction projects are required to use reclaimed water or effluent for construction and dust control purposes.
- Requests for commercial provisions must be made to the Clarkdale Utilities Director.
We thank all Clarkdale residents and businesses for their continued support as well as the support received while well repairs were underway. Contact Town Manager, Susan Guthrie at (903) 752-5744 with questions.